(The Unofficial) PopCap Framework Developer Board
November 25, 2017, 10:39:08 AM CET *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Contact Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Post!  (Read 41780 times)
vechey
« on: March 07, 2005, 06:25:30 PM CET »

Who all has registered?  Where ya from? What's your story?  Are you corporate floozies, die-hard indies, or "the man"?
IndiepathT
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 07:05:34 PM CET »

Hi vechey,

I'm from Indiepath, based in the UK, we're a new Developer on the Indie block. We've been going just over 2 months now and exceeding all of our expectations, and the banks  Cheesy . These tools will be very useful in giving us a head start when we start to move our development across to C++.

Thanks for making these available.

Cheers, Tim.
nawitus
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 07:50:15 PM CET »

Sup! Just a lonely coder from finland.. Ive been using Blitz alot lately, and downloading the framework atm.
Hiro_Antagonist
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 08:37:45 PM CET »

Some of you know me already, but I'm Hiro_Antagonist (Scott Lantz), and I'm working on a little turn-based strategy game called Land of Legends.

While Land of Legends is an exercise in seeing how commercially deployable a .NET/C# game is, our plan is to use the PopCap framework for all of our new games moving forward.
Anatoly_Ropotov
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005, 09:12:49 PM CET »

I'm Anatoly Ropotov from CTXM, our company is located in Latvia (that's Eastern Europe) and we are damn big guys (hehe!).

We are dealing with Xbox Live Arcade platform and a lot of other gaming-gambling stuff.
Tactics
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 09:17:17 PM CET »

Me?  I'm no one important.  I have just about enough C++ to fit in my pinky finger.  Python was confusing, so I am hoping that this is a little more well organized.

T
Sphinx
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 09:42:39 PM CET »

I am Maher Farag and I live in Egypt.

I like creating games with ancient egyptians feel and look Smiley
Adam Atomic
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2005, 09:57:37 PM CET »

Hi - I'm Adam, I live in Austin, TX, and I'm checking this out as an alternative publishing method.  I have my own homebrewed 2D engine, but if using Popcap's framework can ease publishing chafing then I'm all about that.  I'm a software developer by trade and artist by hobby, but game design is my life!
HappyCamper
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2005, 10:22:47 PM CET »

I have tried some other game design stuff but popcap sounds promising. I am a PHP/MySQL (mostly DB stuff) by trade, and am a student of computer arts in NYC.

I can wait to see if there is any network code, or any way to access a MySQL db from the popcap stuff.

By the way, if anyone needs hosting for their games/game companies let me know i have some extra space on my server for 5 bucks month.
(is this the first spam message on PopCap Dev Forums???)
mgesner
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2005, 11:36:30 PM CET »

My name is Michael Gesner.  I am the President/CEO of a startup, Dragonfly Game Design.  We recently were finalists in The BIG C (an independent games competition) for our title Q'Bicles.

I saw the press release and decided to check out what PopCap was up to with the framework while we prepare for our next title.
rotorvator
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2005, 12:52:54 AM CET »

Hi, I'm Jason ( FITZ ) Fitzgerald.
I'm a Graphic Designer by trade and profession, but have been wanting to bust out some of my simple game ideas. This looks like a good way to try my hand.
I hope to come up with a solid, good-looking, fun to play game with a instant gratification factor.
I guess we'll see.
(><) respect mah authouritay!
...and wish me luck.
-Fitz
Ricardo C
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2005, 01:56:07 AM CET »

Some of you know me from the Indiegamer forums. I'm an indie from lovely (HA!) Venezuela, working on my first commercial title. It's a 3D game, though the next two projects I have waiting in the wings will be 2D affairs, making this gift from Popcap just about the greatest thing ever. Can't wait to get started. Cheers, all Smiley
fearghaill
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2005, 02:41:30 AM CET »

Doug from Nova Scotia - student, and game programmer wannabe.  I thought this looked like an interesting way to get some playable demos made of the ideas bouncing around my head, and is definately worth checking out.

Gotta say though, I agree with the poster in another thread that was lamenting the lack of the Java framework (hint, hint)
Architekt
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2005, 02:48:27 AM CET »

We honestly don't even use the java framework anymore except for legacy support. We use C++ ActiveX now due to the legal issues surrounding java and the fact that with XP SP1 discs now, they don't ship with Java. Our ActiveX framework is nearly identical to the C++ one provided here but with some things removed for speed and download size optimizations. I'm not sure if we have plans to put that up some day or not, but if we do, your games won't require much modification, besides shrinking your assets down.
creimer
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2005, 08:17:57 AM CET »

I'm from Silicon Valley. I'd previously worked at a video game company for the last six years, three years as a tester and three years as a lead tester. Been learning programming for the last three years and taking classes in C++ and Java Servlets this semester. I'm hoping to find a job soon in software testing, programming or networking.

I'm checking out the framework to see if this something I can put my programming skills to practice on. A working game would be nice.  The world could always use a new version of Mine Sweeper. Cheesy

Thanks!

Christopher Reimer
http://www.creimer.ws
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: