(The Unofficial) PopCap Framework Developer Board
November 21, 2017, 08:45:46 AM CET *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Contact Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: i have ported HGE's particle system into Popcap Framework...  (Read 39534 times)
kevinlynx
« on: January 29, 2007, 06:27:31 PM CET »

I 've change some HGE's particle system codes to add particle system to SexyFramework .
   But i donot know can i give these to any body ? Some licence i should abide ?

(then you can use HGE's particle system editor to edit any particle effects and use them in your Pocap games ! :D )

Maybe i should change more code .
Architekt
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 07:44:00 PM CET »

HGE is released under the zlib license, so there shouldn't be any problem. The license states that:

1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be appreciated but is not required.

2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be misrepresented as being the original software.

3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any source distribution.

So i.e. make sure you give proper credit back to HGE (include all the original copyrights/web links/messages/etc) in the code as well as in any application you write (where you would normally display any licenses). If you follow the above, then the license states that "Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose, including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it freely"

http://www.opensource.org/licenses/zlib-license.php
Architekt
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 07:46:00 PM CET »

As for us, there's no license you have to worry about besides our standard one, which just basically says that if you use our framework in your game, then you need to provde some credit (just like with any other license, including the HGE license) wherever it is you do that sort of thing (i.e. readme, credits screen, etc). Just follow our license, listed here: http://forum.fischeronline.de . It's pretty basic.
kevinlynx
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 02:42:56 AM CET »

Thanks for your quick reply.
 Actually i didnot understand everything . But, i just want to ask , can i use the particle system (in fact, these codes dont contain any zlib /libpng ) in any commerical product ?
monkeymook
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 03:26:30 AM CET »

Quote from: kevinlynx

(then you can use HGE's particle system editor to edit any particle effects and use them in your Pocap games ! :D )

that sounds great Kev! I fiddled with the particle editor a while back and found it very easy to make some really cool looking effects, I cant wait to see it running a bit more... sexy :)
kevinlynx
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 07:59:19 AM CET »

monkeymook , in fact, to change hge's particle system code to Sexy is very simple . Just change the Render function and any other details, you can get it working ... i've finished that only for several hours ( actuallly 2 hours )

Just make it by yourself .
monkeymook
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 08:52:05 AM CET »

to be honest I was shocked when you said you had ported this over as I had no idea that HGE had gone open source.

Cheers!  :)
immortal3k
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 11:13:29 AM CET »

Looking forward to see integrated particle system :)
kevinlynx
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2007, 05:13:41 PM CET »

monkeymook has sent me a private message , so i put the source code here :
http://blog.blogwhy.com/azjex/upload/hgeparticlesystem.rar
monkeymook
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 03:46:00 AM CET »

Cool stuff kev, I'm glad you decided to share this with the community. Its a pretty cool system with a VERY simple editor :)

cheers!
JPoag
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 04:28:51 PM CET »

Here's a screen shot of an editor I'm working on:

http://www.jamespoag.com/AShot.JPG

The same:
*All HGE Particle Editor attributes ported to win32 attribute tree (like VS Studio).  

The Benefits:
*Clicking on a property gives you the description in the bottom how to use it.
*Load and save a specified file (not editing a preset and renaming the file)
*Load a single particle image from file name. (Win32 Openfile dialog)
*Drawn with SexyApp Framework (WYSIWYG)

New:
*Clipping Polygon editor (very simple and super fast) to only draw points inside complex polygon.
*Saves to augmented PSI format to include Additive blending, particle file name and clipping polygon points. (augmented format will load in HGE editor with no problems)
monkeymook
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 05:09:54 AM CET »

that sounds great james, the abilities to load a particle image and 'save as' are really needed... sweet!
kevinlynx
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 01:36:04 PM CET »

cool ..it seems you love my work :D....and JPoag you can tell HGE's author Haaf that you made a more convenient tool .
JPoag
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 01:37:29 PM CET »

lol, I'm working on it as we speak.  I just added a toolbar to switch between polygon clipping editor and classic view.
caardappel
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 12:29:17 PM CET »

Hey all, I'm using this lovely particle system in the game I'm currently working on to cut down on precious dev time (being a team of ONE!)

Anyway; until James finishes and throws his version of this to us hungry wolves I'd like to note that you need to make 2 small changes to hgeparticle.cpp::Render() to make everything play nice in software mode.

(edited to remove broken link, sorry...)

Make sure to make change #2 right before the call to DrawTransform(...);

This is probably a pointless post; but I hope I've saved someone some digging!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 03:03:10 PM CEST by Heiko » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: